Asheville, North Carolina has been named Beer City USA for the third year in a row by readers of Examiner.com, easily defeating its closest rivals: San Diego, California and Portland,Oregon.
For a City of its size, Asheville has an amazing selection of bars, brewpubs, microbreweries, and restaurants. You can sample 50 local brews from twelve craft breweries, enjoy great food, and meet some very interesting people along the way.
And, most of these establishments are within walking distance of The Lion & The Rose Bed & Breakfast.
From pale ales, amber ales, rich porters, or full stouts, no matter the personal preference, even the most discriminating palate finds a new favorite.
Asheville's Beer Festivals:
- Winter Warmer Beer Festival - held on the third Thursday in January at the downtown Civic Center.
- Asheville Beer Week & Festival - May 25 - June 1, 2013.
- Craft Beer Festival - hosted by the Asheville Tourists baseball team at McCormick Field in early August.
- Brewgrass Festival - held in September in downtown Asheville and hosted by the Great Smokies Craft Brewers Association.
- Oktoberfest - sample beers and local food at a free street festival held downtown in (when else?) October.
In case you're not in town for any of the festivals, you can always take a Brews Cruise. Experience a taste of Asheville's local beer scene with an exclusive tour of three award winning microbreweries. For those who like to get exercise between beers, walking tours to three of the historic downtown breweries are also offered.
Or, follow this link for a complete list of area breweries.