While on your Asheville vacation at our inn, take the time to explore our fascinating city. Asheville is surrounded by the natural beauty of the oldest & most lush mountain range in the world. But natural beauty is just part of its charm. The city itself, often referred to as “the Paris of the South,” is packed with art, crafts, antique shops, music, entertainment, varied & unique architecture, tourist attractions, and many excellent independently owned restaurants.
Check out these sites, so you can make the most of your visit to The Lion & the Rose:
Food & Libation
- Eating Asheville - Walking Food & Brewery Tours
- Asheville Ale Trail - Your Guide to All Things Beer in Beer City, USA
Our Restaurant Picks
(Click on the link to visit each web site)
Barley's Tap Room - Burgers, Pizza, Beer on Tap
- Bouchon - French Comfort Food
Carmel's Restaurant & Bar - Contemporary American Cuisine
- Chorizo - Latin food in a casual atmosphere.
Cucina 24 - Classic Italian
Laughing Seed - Completely Vegetarian
Limones - Mexican & Californian Cuisine
The Marketplace - European & American Cuisine
Mela - Indian Cuisine
- Modesto - Italian cuisine - wood fired oven.
- Posana - 100% Gluten Free, locally grown food.
- Salsa's - Mexican & Caribbean Cuisine
- Tupelo Honey Cafe - Nouveau Southern Cuisine
Zambra's - Spanish & Medtierranean Tapas & Wine
Grove Park Neighborhood
(A few Miles from Downtown)
Grove Park Inn - American Cuisine (Several Choices for Dining)
Montford Historic District
Nine Mile - Caribbean Cuisine, Vegetarian Friendly (1/2 Block from the Lion & the Rose)
Biltmore Village Area
(Just South of Downtown, Near Biltmore Estate Entrance)
- Luella's Bar-B-Que - Smoked meats & fresh sides made with love.
- Plant - Vegan - no animal products; sophisticated flavor, scratch made food.
River Arts District (RAD)
- 12 Bones Smokehouse - Southern Barbeque. President Obama ate here.
- Pizza Pura - Neopolitan pizza at its finest.
- India Garden - Authentic Indian cuisine. No web site. Across from Asheville Mall.
(Just 10 minutes North of Downtown Asheville)
Stoney Knob - American, Greek, & European Cuisine
Make Restaurant Reservations OnLine