This recipe was recently tried out on a house full of guests and their plates were empty in no time.
- 4 cups of any prepared, dry pancake mix
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger - cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- vegetable oil for cooking
- Combine the dry ingredients, including the ginger and cinnamon, in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients (holding back a half cup of the milk to adjust for the thickness of the batter later).
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan or griddle on medium high heat, or at 350 degrees if using an electric griddle.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot pan or griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes and bottom is golden brown.
Note: This recipe will make approximately 12 pancakes.
Serve with warm, pure maple syrup.
Suggested garnish: whipped cream and any available fresh fruit.