Almond Crepes with Blueberry Cassis Sauce
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 large eggs (add whole)
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto (or any almond liquor)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup slivered almonds (best if toasted first)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- add the above ingredients to a blender in the order that they are listed.
- blend until smooth
- then let the batter sit for 1hour
- butter an 8 inch crepe or fry pan & put on medium high heat
- pour approximately ¼ cup of batter to the pan (note: crepes should be very thin)
- cook for approximately 30 seconds on each side
- stack the cooked crepes between waxed paper until ready to fill
- Stuff with cream cheese/ricotta filling and serve with warm, blueberry cassis sauce.
Cream Cheese/Ricotta Filling
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 16 ounces of whole milk ricotta
- ¼ cup honey
- mix all of the ingredients together until combined and smooth.
- refrigerate until use.
Blueberry Cassis Sauce
- 2 cups of light brown sugar
- ½ cup of Cassis (this is a berry liquor that you can find in any liquor store)
- ½ cup water
- 12 ounces of frozen blueberries
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium high heat until the sauce reaches a syrupy consistency.
- Do Not use corn syrup or some other thickening agent to thicken the sauce. The heat reduction works best & intensifies the flavor of the fruit.
Assembling the Crepes:
- Spread a generous portion of cream cheese on a crepe.
- Fold or roll the crepe as you choose.
- Top with warm blueberry cassis sauce.
- Suggested garnish: a sprinkling of powdered sugar.