This is a very popular and easy to make fruit course, and the glaze can be used with any fruit you choose.
This recipe will serve six.
Ingredients for Amaretto Glaze:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup Amaretto (the better the Amaretto, the better the glaze)
- ½ cup strained juice from canned mandarin oranges (reserve the oranges)
Cooking the Glaze:
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook on medium heat until the glaze becomes thick (about 15 minutes), stir it frequently or it will burn!
Other Ingredients Needed for this Recipe:
- 3 large, ripe bananas - yellow, not brown (1/2 banana per person)
- two 8 oz. cans of strained mandarin orange segments (1/3 can per person)
- ½ cup toasted almonds (to sprinkle over each fruit serving)
- Generous tablespoon of Amaretto Glaze per serving
Plating the Dish:
Place the ingredients into individual serving dishes in the order listed above.