This recipe was recently tested on a house full of guests, and their plates were empty in no time.
- 4 C of any prepared, dry pancake mix
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger - cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 C fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 C whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- vegetable oil for cooking
- Combine dry ingredients, including the ginger and cinnamon, in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients (holding back a half cup of the milk to adjust for the thickness of the batter later).
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan or griddle on medium high heat, or at 350 degrees if using an electric griddle (lightly greased).
- Pour ¼ cupfuls of batter onto the hot pan or griddle.
- Turn when you see bubbles on top of pancakes - bottom should be golden golden brown.
Note: This recipe will make approximately 12 pancakes.
Serve with warm, pure maple syrup.
Suggested garnish: whipped cream and any available fresh fruit.