Our assistant, Heather, recently introduced us to this recipe that she made for her sister's baby shower. We liked it so much that we decided to add it as a fruit course at The Lion & The Rose Bed & Breakfast.
Ingredients for the Salad:
- pomegranate vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1/2 apple of your choice - per person - cut into thick slices
- brie - or another cheese of your choice - cut into wedges
- another fruit of your choice. Heather used grapes and blueberries, but you could substitute: blackberries, mango, pineapple, etc.
Pomegranate Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Note: This recipe serves 4 persons. You can make a larger amount, as it keeps in the fridge for several days.
Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients but the olive oil in a mixing bowl.
Whisk in the olive oil gradually until it is all incorporated.
Plating the Dish:
Arrange the fruit and cheese on the serving dish. Pour the vinaigrette over the fruit and sprinkle all with pomegranate seeds. Heather also used a mint sprig as garnish.