Fruit Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Our assistant, Heather, recently introduced us to this recipe that she made for her sister's baby shower. We liked it so much that we decided to add it as a fruit course at The Lion & The Rose Bed & Breakfast.
Ingredients for the Salad:
- pomegranate vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- 1/2 apple of your choice - per person - cut into thick slices
- brie - or another cheese of your choice - cut into wedges
- another fruit of your choice. Heather used grapes and blueberries, but you could substitute: blackberries, mango, pineapple, etc.
Pomegranate Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Note: This recipe serves 4 persons. You can make a larger amount, as it keeps in the fridge for several days.
Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients but the olive oil in a mixing bowl.
Whisk in the olive oil gradually until it is all incorporated.
Plating the Dish:
Arrange the fruit and cheese on the serving dish. Pour the vinaigrette over the fruit and sprinkle all with pomegranate seeds. Heather also used a mint sprig as garnish.