Imagine a pancake that tastes like an oatmeal raisin cookie! Well, you can do more than imagine it at The Lion and the Rose Bed and Breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cups baking mix (I use Bisquick)
- 1 1/2 cups quick cook steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup of raisins that have been soaked in rum overnight
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of melted, unsalted butter
- vegetable oil for cooking
Combine all the dry ingredients including the ginger and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl with paddle attachment.
Add the wet ingredients in this order and mix until just blended:
- Melted Butter
Then add the raisins (including the soaking liquid) and the pecans and mix just until incorporated.
Heat some oil in a frying pan or griddle on medium high heat, or at 350 degrees if using an electric griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes and bottom is golden brown.
(This recipe will make approximately 15 pancakes.)