After living in Tampa Bay for over 40 years, we developed a love of Spanish and Cuban food. That was the inspiration for this recipe. But make sure you use smoked paprika and Spanish chorizo (a spicy sausage) to get the flavor right.
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup roughly chopped onion
- 1 cup roughly chopped red and yellow sweet peppers
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley - chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of a ten inch fry pan).
Saute potatoes, chorizo, onions, and peppers in olive oil until tender and translucent. Add smoked paprika, then salt and pepper to taste. Crack eggs into potato mixture - stirring until eggs are cooked to desired doneness. Stir in cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
This recipe serves six adults.