Sweet Potato Pancakes
These pancakes always get rave reviews – especially on cold winter mornings.
- 4 cups of any prepared pancake mix
- ½ cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of powdered ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 large, roasted sweet potato (Note: Cook the sweet potato in a 400 degree oven for about an hour, then remove the peel.)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 to 1&1/2 cups of milk – the batter should be a little thick
- 4 eggs
- vegetable oil for cooking
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients, then mix them with the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan or griddle on medium high heat, or at 350 degrees if using an electric griddle.
- Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot pan or griddle;
- Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes and bottom is golden brown
- Serve with warm, pure maple syrup.
Suggested garnish: whipped cream and chopped, toasted pecans.